Sunday, January 18, 2015

Stick out your tongue

So yesterday, OE asked me if I'd noticed any differences since I've been vegan for 17 days now. I thought I was losing some weight, but it turns out I've only lost about 1.5lbs. ARGH! I definitely thought it was going to be more by now. Then again, I guess it's a healthy loss because they say, whoever "they" are, that losing 1 - 2 lbs a week is pretty good going. What's wrong with wanting to be an over-achiever?! It didn't take me 2 weeks to put on this poundage, I guess it will take just as long to get it off.

Anyway, back to differences... as I was brushing my teeth a day or two ago, I stuck out my tongue like I normally do to brush it. I don't know if you brush your tongue, but it's something I generally do right before the final spit and rinse. Anyway, I noticed that it was pink. Like, evenly pink. Which probably shouldn't be a big deal, but I don't think that I could say with certainty that my tongue had ever been as evenly pink as it was (and is) now. Is this something that is happening as a result of my diet? I can only think so. If you've ever googled "tongue health" and seen some of the pictures that come up, well, don't do it on a full stomach is what I'll say. DIS.GUS.TING. I've never had anything like those photos, but I can say that sometimes it looks a little white-ish, or just not a nice piggy pink. And now that's changed! Oh, and by now, I am supposed to be dairy free.. I mean, my body has probably gotten rid of the proteins from any dairy that I was consuming before. Maybe that has something to do with it. Either way, I like this new piggy pink. I think I'll keep it for awhile.

So stick out your tongue and see what cha got!

-VE

No comments:

Post a Comment