- 1 cp (250ml) almond milk or other dairy milk
- 1 cp (250 ml) destemmed kale leaves or baby spinach (I use 2 big handfuls of baby spinach)
- 1 frozen banana (peel it then freeze it). I actually keep a bag of peeled bananas in the freezer. When they start to go brown, I just call 'em "freezer bait" and I'm not wasting any bananas!) I also only use a 1/2 of a banana because I want to cut down on the sugar.
- 2 to 3 ice cubes (I rarely add these)
- 1 T (15ml) almond butter or peanut butter (I think peanut butter makes it taste better!)
- 1 T (15ml) pure chia seeds or ground flaxsee
- 1/4 tsp (1ml) pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Protein powder (optional) (I just don't add it)
Put it all in a GOOD blender (Vitamix, Blendtec, etc), and drink away! Makes 1 smoothie. And smoothies are best enjoyed RIGHT away. You leave that thing sit for too long and you won't be able to pour it.