Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Stalemate

Sigh. I haven't written in a while because I've been a bit disappointed with the whole thing. Just as soon as I wrote about the piggy pink tongue, wouldn't you know it - the next day my tongue was back to normal. TMI?? Anyway, it made me think that the results were just a fluke, just a one-off for that day, which then disappoints me because I want some freaking LASTING change, right?

And there's been no more weight loss. I think I lost about 1.2lbs that first week and then I haven't gone down any more since. Pfffft! It's been 27 days today! It really makes me want to know what my cholesterol is RIGHT NOW so I can see if this is actually making any other differences at all!!

The good news is that some of the stress of finding jobs for me and OE is relieved... today he signed a contract! YAAAY! Very positive and a step in the right direction for us. That's great! In the meantime, we've decided to head over to San Francisco to take advantage of his delayed start time and get some quality time in with friends and family. That's great... BUT... we're vegans, right? So I usually spend my holidays eating my way through a city. I love to try new foods, new restaurants, new bakeries... etc, etc, etc... and I just don't know how that's going to fly in San Fran. I mean, I know they must have loads of vegan restaurants- I mean, it's freaking California, right? - but it also means I need to be careful about what I eat and make a point of not tempting myself too much. ARGH! It will be worth it, though, right? RIGHT?!?!

So... that's the latest. Not exactly earth-shattering stuff here but I'm keepin on keepin on. I am still enjoying trying the new recipes from the cookbooks.. the latest was a chocolate cake from Happy Herbivore Light and Lean. Hmm... maybe that's why I'm not losing any weight.....

Oh yeah, and these Jamie Oliver recipes look mighty good too! Although not all of them are vegan, there are still some nice options there. The 'Shepherd's Pie' looks tasty!

15 Veggie Recipes to Make Meat-Eaters Jealous

-VE

No comments:

Post a Comment